Thanks for uploading your image!
In partnership with Canadian Parks and Wilderness (CPAWS), we're inviting you to
of Canada's oceans, rivers and lakes to show their support for protecting Canada's marine habitats.
Plus, we're giving away great prizes to two lucky winners:
- The best outdoor activity photo--swimming, kayaking, canoeing, whatever (though it has to be water in liquid form--no snowboarding or glaciers, please)--wins the Banff Prize Pack. This includes two Banff Mountain Film and Book Festival VIP passes including accommodation at the Banff Centre (one room for three nights), up to $1000 toward two economy class tickets to travel to Banff, tickets for two people to the films and presentations and invitations to private social functions with festival guests.
- The best scenic photo wins a $500 MEC gift card.
- Your photo must have been taken by you, in Canada, and must include a body of water--creeks, rivers, lakes, oceans--somewhere in the photo.
What else do you need to know?
- Each photo you submit counts as an action taken in support of CPAWS's Dare to Be Deep campaign to establish 12 new marine protected areas.
- You can submit as many photos as you want.
- The contest runs from September 8 to September 30, 2012.
Visit this page for more details and official contest rules.